Unlit Spirits

https://youthful-liskov-b3ab74.netlify.com

This game took quite some time to create in Construct 3, Through trial and error I created some sub-par pixel art and made some mechanics for jumping through each level. This game is mean’t to be difficult and may take quite some time to beat.

If you want leave a comment 🙂

Bookmark the permalink.

2 Comments

1. I did figure out how to use the tree trunk to get onto the middle ledge. I like the fact that you jump behind the leaves onto the trunk. That is good design. It’s something you’re not sure if you’re supposed to be able to do or not, but when you figure it out, you feel clever. Good games make you feel clever like that!

I wasn’t able to figure out how to jump from the middle ledge to the next ledge with the pipe through it. I tried timing the jump a few times, but I wasn’t sure I could go high enough.

I’m a big fan of pixel art, personally. I really liked the ground textures, and the sign as well. One obvious, big improvement would be to have transparency for the character instead of the block around it. But one step at a time!

2. My last comment got eaten, so I’m trying again!
    – Really liked the design of the sign and the ground textures.
    – Really liked the trick of jumping on the tree trunk, behind the leaves, to get onto the middle platform. Made me feel clever when I figured it out, which means it’s very good game design!
    – I couldn’t figure out how to get to the second platform. Maybe my jump timing was poor, but I gave it a few tries.
    – One obvious improvement would be to make a transparent background for the frog character. But, of course, one step at a time.

Great job.