Escape the Cave

https://boring-perlman-d2ad64.netlify.com

Escape the Cave, this game started out as a simple little level that lead to a simple victory, but I decided to experiment with layout change and added more to the game. I think what I’ve done with the change of layouts throughout the game made it considerably more immersive. I had some trouble with the resolution and size of the layout but it all came together in the end.

If you want you can play the game and leave a comment.

Bookmark the permalink.

5 Comments

1. 1 = Low and 5 = High
    Enjoyment = 3
    Difficulty = 2
    I would not play the game more than 3 times unless the game is updated to have more content.
    I would add a time limit.
    I was not reminded of other games while playing.
    I did not notice any bugs.

2. 1 = Low and 5 = High
    Enjoyment = 4
    Difficulty = 2
    I would not play the game more than 3 times due to the objective being simple and easy to complete.
    I would add power-up items
    I did not notice any bugs.

3. I scale this game as a 3 it was enjoyable. 2 the game easy but not too easy. I would play this game more if there were more levels. I would add a little character. Terraria but with out the fighting. the game functions and smoothly great.

4. 1. Rating – 5
    2/3. Difficulty – 5 the game was pretty laid back and easy. Instructions were not needed. I played the game a few times just because it was calming.
    4. The only change I would personally make is maybe add a few more levels and maybe some easter eggs.
    5. The game is just a standard platformer.
    6. The game was very smooth, no issues.

5. Feedback:
    – Good level design, and visual distinction with simple primitives.
    – Good design also with making the progression obvious through the design in many places.
    – Loved the “You made it” ending sequence.
    – If it wasn’t too difficult to add some moving obstacles to time jumps around, or even moving platforms, you could add a lot more depth to the comment. Definitely room to grow.