To The Clouds

https://thirsty-yalow-13ae49.netlify.com

This is my second game, To The Clouds a name that doesn’t really mean much but gives you an idea of what you’ll be doing. In this game I wanted to focus less on the art but more on the actual game, this lead to the idea of falling. I decided to make a game that gets progressively harder and if you fail a level you get sent back to the previous level. In the end there are 10 levels that get progressively harder and higher in the sky, if you’re interested feel free to play on the link above.

Bookmark the permalink.

5 Comments

1. On a scale of 1-5, I would say 5 for how enjoyable the game was. The games difficulty on the same scale would be a 3, which is just right. I would definitely play the game more than once to try and beat it. I think the games design and functionality is good so I wouldn’t change anything. The game functions great, the jumps and movements were responsive.

2. Game: 3/5
    Difficulty: 4/5
    I would play through this only once as it feels like it is somehow in testing still.
    I would change how screen transitions and placing on the next level occur.
    This game reminds me of most vertical platformers where you fall a level or more based on how you screwed up.
    It functions well enough, but it is still rough. Everything interacts well as well.

3. 1. How enjoyable was the gaming experience, on a scale of 1-5, with 1 being the lowest and 5 being the highest.
    Score: 5
    2. On the same scale, how difficult did you find the game?
    Score: 5
    3. Would YOU play through the game more than once? More than five times? Why/why not?
    Yea there are lots of different ways to play this game to make it even better
    4. If you were to change the game, what changes would you make?
    Nothing everything is fine
    5. Does the game remind you of any other games, either in style or in gameplay?
    No nothing comes to my head
    6. How well did the game function? How smoothly did the game run and how well did the objects interact with other objects?
    The game runs very well

4. Fun – 5
    Difficulty – 3 medium
    The game was overall pretty well made. I played it a couple times to make sure there weren’t any bugs.
    Bugs – I will enjoy you’re time on the moon. UwU

5. Feedback:
    – Good challenge and solid movement controls.
    – Can I keep the mouse as a pet?
    – Someone above mentioned connecting how you move between scenes (levels?). Basically, when the mouse touches the edge, either going up or going down, if you record the x position and the velocity, you can start them off in the next scene at the same place they jumped or fell too, and continuing to move in the same direction with continuous movement and effect of gravity. Would be a great improvement, and it’s not all that complicated once you figure out if you like a challenge 🙂