Gibby’s Shooty World & Updated Gibby’s Draggy World

For my second game, I made a 2D shooter-platformer hybrid. The objective of the game is to kill all of the enemies and reach the goal.

This is a sequel to the critically acclaimed (please believe me) Gibby’s draggy world. I went ahead and added some story moments to the end of Draggy World, so please check it out by clicking its link below.

Making these games has been awesome, and my third one will be the finale of the Gibby trilogy. I hope you have fun with this game and all of the other ones that I make. Also, if/when you beat the game, look for the secret final boss in a certain room.

LINKS:

Shooty World- https://boring-hugle-1eb95a.netlify.com

Draggy World (Updated)- https://reverent-nightingale-8dd5c0.netlify.com/

Bookmark the permalink.

7 Comments

1. This review is for Shooty World. On a scale of 1-5 for how enjoyable the game was, I would say 5. The games difficulty on the same scale would be a 3, not too hard or easy, just right. I would definitely play the game more than once. If I were to change the game, I would change the first level to where I can read the instructions before dying. The game functions great, there were no problems shooting stuff and double jumping. sick game bruh.

2. 1. How enjoyable was the gaming experience, on a scale of 1-5, with 1 being the lowest and 5 being the highest.
    Score: __3___
    2. On the same scale, how difficult did you find the game?
    Score: _____4____
    3. Would YOU play through the game more than once? More than five times? Why/why not?
    I wouldn’t play through the game more then once since in terms of replay ability it lacks. Once you learn how to beat a level you can do it over and over. So in those terms the game is simple after the 1st run through. For one time play through it is fairly enjoyable, but playing more then once just seems repetitive.
    4. If you were to change the game, what changes would you make?
    I would add more randomly generated factors in the game to add an aspect of the unknown no matter how many times you play it. This would help with the replay ability of the game.
    5. Does the game remind you of any other games, either in style or in gameplay?
    In terms of game play it reminds me of most the games I played while in my elementary and middle school years. One such being fire and ice.
    6. How well did the game function? How smoothly did the game run and how well did the objects interact with other objects?
    the game ran fairly well with a bit of problems when you put a block over another block, but as that is probably not meant to be done it is fairly smooth running.

3. 1 = Low and 5 = High
    Enjoyment = 4
    Difficulty = 4
    I would play the game again, possibly even more than 5 times, because I find it entertaining.
    I might add an easy mode where you take two hits to die instead of one, but you get a bad ending for using it.
    No other games came to mind while playing this.
    Overall, the game worked great. I did not notice any bugs.

4. I scale this game as a 5 it was enjoyable. 3 the game is not too hard but not too easy. I would play this game more. I would add nothing. this game does not remind me of another game. the game functioned and ran smoothly.

5. Game: 4/5
    Difficulty: 4/5
    I would not play through this more than once because it is the same game each time.
    I would change this game by making the hitboxes more accurate, because you die when no part of you is near the enemy’s bullet.
    It reminds me of an easier, more kid friendly, and more vertical Contra.
    The game functioned well for one person making it. Everything interacted smooth enough but the bullets should only go straight instead of being one pixel off when jump shooting, however this is just me nitpicking.

6. 1. How enjoyable was the gaming experience, on a scale of 1-5, with 1 being the lowest and 5 being the highest.
    Score: 5
    Score: 4
    Yes this game is very addictive
    I wouldn’t change the game its good how it is
    Doodle Jump
    The game runs very well even with all the different stuff

7. Fun – 5
    Difficulty – 5 Challenging but not too hard
    I would play this over and over again to try and speedrun it. It is a very fun game for how simple it is. The only bug to speak of is getting impaled on blue platforms occasionally.