CPR

On October 30th I went to a CPR training class, and learned how to do CPR. We learned the correct timing and how far to push into someone for it to be effective. They also told us that just doing CPR, even when you don’t know exactly how to do it, can save someone’s life. You only start CPR if the person isn’t breathing and their heart has stopped. You have to do 120 beats per minute and every 30 beats you give 2 breaths. You have to push 2 inches into the person for it to be effective. If there is an AED nearby you should try and have someone else get it. AEDs give a shock to the patient so it fixes the irregular heart beat or restarts the heart. The closest AEDs to our class are in the office and the cafeteria.

October 31st I went and took the written test. It went over what they taught us in the class. I took the class because I am the safety manager, and I thought it would be good for someone to be certified in our class. I also thought it would be a good experience, and it’s a good thing to know how to do.

Bookmark the permalink.